Leslie M. Duke
1700 West Loop South
Houston, TX 77027
After more than a decade in Houston, Burns & McDonnell is becoming the engineering consultant of choice in Texas. Backed by a nationwide network of multidisciplinary expertise, we design and build the infrastructure that transmits wind power from West Texas. We modernize oil and gas plants throughout the region and enable facilities to support military missions large and small. We're at the forefront of implementing the Smart Grid and renewable energy initiatives that will sustainably power Texas for generations.
Since Burns & McDonnell is a 100 percent employee-owned firm, every team member has a vested interest in making you successful, so we approach your project with an unparalleled dedication to exceeding your expectations.
The Houston office specializes in electric transmission and distribution, aviation, military defense and support facilities, oil and gas processing plants, design-build construction, and environmental services.
Recent accolades include:
- Houston Chronicle Top Workplaces, 2010-2012
- #1 Houston Business Journal Largest Houston-Area Civil and Structural Engineering Firms, 2012
- #4 Houston Business Journal Healthiest Employers in the Houston-Area, 2012 (100-499 employees category)
- #11 Houston Business Journal Largest Houston-Area Energy Engineering Firms, 2012
- #16 Houston Business Journal Largest Houston-Area Environmental Companies, 2012
- Engineering Excellence Honor Award, American Council of Engineering Companies 2012
- Engineering Excellence National Recognition Award, American Council of Engineering Companies 2011
- Engineering Excellence Gold Medal in Energy, American Council of Engineering Companies of Texas 2011, 2012
- Houston Business Journal Best Places to Work, 2011, 2012
- Texas Monthly Best Companies to Work for in Texas, 2009-2012
In the video below, Steve Swinson, president and CEO of Thermal Energy Corp. (TECO), explains how Burns & McDonnell's innovative solutions have helped TECO implement its central utility plant master plan at the Texas Medical Center in Houston.
2012 COMPANY OF THE YEAR
Our clients are important to us, and we're proud to have earned PSMJ's Premier Award for Client Satisfaction for the third year in a row.
FORTUNE 100 Best Companies
Best Companies in Texas
For five consecutive years, 2009 to 2013, Burns & McDonnell has been named one of the Best Companies to Work for in Texas.
In The News
Featured on the Houston Business Journal cover, Burns & McDonnell is expanding to a third floor and adding 300 jobs in Houston by 2015 — 100 of which in the next 18 months — to keep pace with strong demand for engineering and construction services.
Learn more about the employee-owners who lead the Houston office of Burns & McDonnell.