Leslie M. Duke
Senior Vice President
1700 West Loop South
Houston, TX 77027
After more than a decade in Houston, Burns & McDonnell is becoming the engineering consultant of choice in Texas. Backed by a nationwide network of multidisciplinary experience, we design and build the infrastructure that transmits wind power from West Texas. We modernize oil and gas plants throughout the region and enable facilities to support military missions large and small. We're at the forefront of implementing the Smart Grid and renewable energy initiatives that will sustainably power Texas for generations.
Since Burns & McDonnell is a 100 percent employee-owned firm, every team member has a vested interest in making you successful, so we approach your project with an unparalleled dedication to exceeding your expectations.
Recent accolades include:
- Houston Chronicle Top Workplaces, 2010-2014
- #1 Houston Business Journal Largest Houston-Area Civil and Structural Engineering Firms, 2012-2013
- #4 Houston Business Journal Healthiest Employers in the Houston-Area, 2012 (100-499 employees category)
- #10 Houston Business Journal Largest Houston-Area Energy Engineering Firms, 2015
- #16 Houston Business Journal Largest Houston-Area Environmental Companies, 2012
- Engineering Excellence Honor Award, American Council of Engineering Companies 2012
- Engineering Excellence National Recognition Award, American Council of Engineering Companies 2011, 2014
- Engineering Excellence Gold Medal in Building/Technology Systems, American Council of Engineering Companies of Texas 2014
- Engineering Excellence Gold Medal in Energy, American Council of Engineering Companies of Texas 2011, 2012
- Houston Business Journal Best Places to Work, 2011-12
- Texas Monthly Best Companies to Work for in Texas, 2009-2015
The Houston office doesn't just work hard; employee-owners play hard too. From fun activities like office Summer Olympics and the annual golf outing, to giving back through projects for Habitat for Humanity and fundraising for agencies like United Way and Junior Achievement, Houston staffers have a blast building camaraderie while making a difference for the community.
In the video below, Steve Swinson, president and CEO of Thermal Energy Corp. (TECO), explains how Burns & McDonnell's innovative solutions have helped TECO implement its central utility plant master plan at the Texas Medical Center in Houston.
This one-day, thorough primer will give you a better understanding of the current and future CIP enforceable regulations.
BEHIND THE RANKINGS
Want to know what makes Burns & McDonnell a great place to work? Great Rated!, the organization behind the rankings used by Fortune magazine, shares details about what our people say and do that puts us on the list.
Our clients are important to us, and we're proud to have earned PSMJ's Premier Award for Client Satisfaction for the fifth year in a row.
Best Companies in Texas
For seven consecutive years, 2009-15, Burns & McDonnell has been named one of the Best Companies to Work for in Texas.
In the Houston News
Featured in the Houston Business Journal, Burns & McDonnell is nearly doubling its office space in a Galleria-area tower that is being renamed Burns & McDonnell Plaza. The space is designed to accommodate 550 employees as the company grows.
Learn more about the employee-owners who lead the Houston office of Burns & McDonnell.