Safe, Efficient Airfield Lighting System Design
The right lighting systems keep your airfield running safely and efficiently.
Burns & McDonnell has the expertise in all related fields to make sure your project lights the way.
Our airfield design group provides electrical engineering expertise on projects involving apron, taxiway and runway lighting and signage systems, visual and instrument navigational aid systems (NAVAIDS), airport radar systems, radio communication systems, and other related electrical support systems.
- Runway edge lighting, medium and high intensity
- Runway in-pavement touchdown zone and centerline lighting
- Taxiway edge and centerline lighting
- Approach lighting
- Airfield guidance signage including direction, destination, boundary, mandatory location and runway distance remaining signs
- Apron flood lighting
- Visual navigational aids
- ILS systems layout and systems support
- Airfield lighting control systems
- Lighting vault and regulators design