Business Development Manager
Biomass to Feed Your Renewable Energy Strategy
New limits on greenhouse gas emissions mean significant changes to your plant in order to integrate renewable energy sources.
Burns & McDonnell provides the experience and expertise you need to make biomass a successful part of your renewable energy strategy.
Biomass: One of Many Renewable Energy Solutions
The increasing demand for renewable energy sources is driving the need for biomass as part of a successful sustainable energy solution.
Whether you need a new facility or retrofits to an existing plant, Burns & McDonnell has the experience to make your plant viable as a renewable energy plant. Our expertise includes planning, designing, engineering and construction for dedicated generation resources or combined heat and power applications.
- Engineer-procure-construct (EPC) services for two biomass boilers
- Department of Energy (DOE) funding support
- Carbon footprint calculations
- Feasibility studies for biomass combined heat and power (CHP) plants
- Emissions testing for biomass solutions
- Feasibility study, biomass supply assessment, cost estimate, performance estimate and emissions estimate for co-firing woody biomass in a pulverized coal boiler
- Detailed design and cost estimate of biomass material handling systems
- Feasibility assessment of drying biomass
- Material handling design and cost estimate analysis for unloading and processing wood chips to whole logs
- Biomass resource assessments
- Material handling system design
- Power cycle
- Integration to grid/transmission