Director of Biorefining Development
Biomass to Feed Your Renewable Energy Strategy
New limits on greenhouse gas emissions mean significant changes to your plant in order to integrate renewable energy sources.
Burns & McDonnell provides the experience and expertise you need to make biomass a successful part of your renewable energy strategy.
Biomass: One of Many Renewable Energy Solutions
The increasing demand for renewable energy sources is driving the need for biomass as part of a successful sustainable energy solution.
Whether you need a new facility or retrofits to an existing plant, Burns & McDonnell has the experience to make your plant viable as a renewable energy plant. Our expertise includes planning, designing, engineering and construction for dedicated generation resources or combined heat and power applications.
- Engineer-procure-construct (EPC) services for two biomass boilers
- Department of Energy (DOE) funding support
- Carbon footprint calculations
- Feasibility studies for biomass combined heat and power (CHP) plants
- Emissions testing for biomass solutions
- Feasibility study, biomass supply assessment, cost estimate, performance estimate and emissions estimate for co-firing woody biomass in a pulverized coal boiler
- Detailed design and cost estimate of biomass material handling systems
- Feasibility assessment of drying biomass
- Material handling design and cost estimate analysis for unloading and processing wood chips to whole logs
- Biomass resource assessments
- Material handling system design
- Power cycle
- Integration to grid/transmission