Pavement and NAVAIDS for Critical Airfield Operations
Pavement, lighting and NAVAIDS are crucial to the safety of your airfield — and to the quality of service you provide.
The quality of service Burns & McDonnell provides will make your airfield shine.
Comprehensive Approach to Airfield Development
Burns & McDonnell evaluates, plans, engineers and constructs your pavement and NAVAIDs systems to help you maintain these crucial airfield components in the best possible condition — or accomplish upgrades to accommodate increased traffic or larger aircraft. Our comprehensive, multi-disciplined approach addresses every component of your pavements and NAVAIDS — from analysis of existing systems and development of a maintenance program to design and management of new construction.
The Right Pavements and NAVAIDS for You
Whatever challenges you face, our experience will help you meet them. Burns & McDonnell is an industry leader in design and construction of airfield pavements and NAVAIDS for airfields of all size, from general aviation to large commercial to military installations. We are experienced in asphalt and concrete pavement, aggregrate base course analysis and subgrade stabilization. Many of our clients have relied for decades on the continuity our in-house expertise provides regardless of changes in their mission, markets or personnel.
- C-5 aircraft parking apron, EnRoute Program, Naval Station Rota, Spain
- Cargo apron replacement, Aeroterm, Kansas City International Airport, Mo.
- Taxilane rehabilitation, Cyril E. King Airport, St. Thomas, Virgin Islands
- Taxiways C, N and P, Memphis International Airport, Memphis, Tenn.
- Regional airport runway and taxiway projects, Dodge City Regional Airport, Dodge City, Kan.
- New runway 8-26, Oman Ministry of Defense, Al Musanah, Oman
- 2007 Exceptional Concrete Pavement Award, Jefferson City Memorial Airport, Taxiway A & Connectors, Missouri/Kansas American Concrete Paving Association
- 2006 National Award for Best Runway Project, Johnson County (Kan.) New Century AirCenter Runway 18-36, Kansas Asphalt Paving Association
- 2006 Excellence in Concrete Awards, Airport Paving Division Winner – Cargo Apron Replacement, Kansas City International Airport, Mo.
- 2005 Best Concrete Paving Award in Kansas, Runway 17-35 Runway Rehabilitation, Pratt Kan., Kansas Asphalt Paving Association
- 2003 Paving Award, Municipal Airport Parallel Taxiway Overlay and Widening, Ottawa, Kan., Missouri/Kansas Chapter American Concrete Paving Association
- 2001 National Paving Award, Kansas City International Airport Apron Rehabilitation, Kansas City, Mo., American Concrete Pavement Association
- 2001 Excellence in Paving Award, Kansas City International Airport Apron Rehabilitation, Kansas City, Mo., Missouri/Kansas Chapter American Concrete Paving Association
- 1996 National Award for Excellence, National Finalist, Portland Cement Concrete, General Aviation Airport constructed in the U.S., Johnson County Executive Airport, Olathe, Kan., American Concrete Pavement Association