Renewable Energy Options for a Changing World
The energy world is changing.
Now, there's clean wind and solar power for grid and building applications. Locally produced, low-emission biofuels for transportation and power generation. Zero-emission hydrogen systems.
Burns & McDonnell has the energy solutions you need to stay in step with a changing world.
Clean Power, Clean Fuels, Clean Solutions
Increasing availability and cost competitiveness of technologies using clean resources and environmental constraints of traditional energy sources are driving interest in renewable energy.
Clients turn to Burns & McDonnell for planning, designing, engineering and constructing energy solutions including biofuels production, hydrogen conversion and wind and solar power projects — and the infrastructure to support them.
Wind Energy Transmission Economics Assessment
Burns & McDonnell recently completed a wind energy economic study and model for WPPI Energy. WPPI is sharing this information because it may be a helpful tool as the industry considers transmission of renewable energy from remote wind generators to load centers.
The study was designed to assist WPPI with the development of an economic model to assess the viability of transporting wind energy from wind-rich areas in the northern United States to eastern load centers. As part of this evaluation, WPPI was interested in obtaining a tool that would address whether it is it more economically viable to:
- Develop wind projects in wind-rich areas and construct the necessary electric transmission infrastructure to transfer energy from those projects to
load centers; or
- Develop wind projects near the load centers despite a less attractive wind resource in those locations?
- Detailed wind and biomass resource assessments
- Feasibility assessments of utility- and community-scale projects
- Grid interconnect and transmission studies
- Renewable energy business strategies
- Renewable energy policy development/program implementation
- Partnering for government funding/demonstrations
- Due diligence reviews of renewable project applications
- Regulatory compliance and program/project evaluation
- Turnkey project design, engineering, construction and O&M
- Technical workshops and training